Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grilled Lemon-Oregano Chicken Drumsticks and Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Rosemary and Orange


I love, love, love the magazine Bon Appetit. I found this recipes over a year ago but I'm just now getting to it. This was some of the most moist chicken I've ever had in my life! It marinates for two days with a lemon juice, oregano, garlic and olive oil marinade. I removed the skin but you don't have to. Super simple and so tasty! It's also amazing cold the next day-I pulled it from the bone and put it over a salad. WOW! Try it!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Lemon-Oregano-Chicken-Drumsticks-354311


For the side dish I did yet another recipe from Cat Cora: Roasted Sweet Potato with Rosemary and Orange. I am a huge fan of fresh rosemary, especially when paired with sweet potatoes. Sea salt really adds a nice touch. The "orange" of the recipe is actually fresh squeezed orange juice that is spooned over the potato once it's done roasting and scored (hence the lines in the potato). It was such an amazing touch to the sweet potato. Definitely a quick, flavorful side dish that I'll cook again!

http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/roastsweetpotatoesrosemaryorange.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment