Sunday, May 2, 2010

Southwest Shrimp and Corn Chowder and Cat Cora's Chocolate Budino


Cooking Light is one of my favorite sites to go check out when I'm bored and want something fast to make. I knew making a soup in May in Tucson might be a gamble but the weather cooperated today-it was chilly and windy and raining! Perfect soup weather! This was a fast chowder type recipe: 30 minutes start to finish. Mostly fresh stuff: green onions, red bell pepper, a serrano chile, shrimp, cilantro, milk, chicken stock and a few packaged things: mexicorn, fire roasted green chiles and southwest style hash browns. So flavorful and filling. I paired it with simple quesadillas: refried beans, cheese and green chiles. Definitely a keeper!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1886389



Cat Cora did it AGAIN! This is her chocolate budino recipe. She describes budino as more of a pudding than a cake. It's purposefully undercooked and it's molten, gooey, chocolate-y goodness. Incredibly rich, I only had one bite but the boys both polished off entire pieces WITH vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries. I highly recommend a scoop of vanilla ice cream when there is ever hot gooey chocolate involved.

http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/chocolatebudino.shtml

If I haven't mentioned it before PLEASE check out Cat Cora's cookbook "Cooking From the Hip" It's amazing and I have loved every single recipe I've tried out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geri! These both look scruptious! :) I wanted to let you know that I have given you a Sunshine award, it is here if you want it:

    http://fairrosie.blogspot.com/2010/05/little-bit-of-magic-and-some-awards.html

    Hope you're having a good weekend! ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete