Saturday, July 10, 2010

A few Shout-outs...

I can't believe it's been over two months since I last posted. How lazy of me! I promise I've been cooking during all that time! But a lot has been going on for us and some things I did for fun definitely took a backseat. I'm happy to report that things are calming down again and I'm back! But...here are a few "shout-outs" to recipes I've made recently and loved. Happy cooking!


Lemon-Tarragon Chicken with Sweet Pea Tortellini 

This chicken was so moist and yummy! The tortellini were easy to make and with the ricotta/pea mixture it was like summer time in my mouth =) 

*I lined my whole pan with thin lemon slices and loved it...you may want to buy a few extra lemons for this recipe!


Devilish Chocolate Layer Cake with Caramel-Chocolate Buttercream

The recipes found in this book are pretty involved so it's not one I'd recommend for anyone who doesn't like spending time in the kitchen. That being said...every recipe I've tried out so far has been AMAZING. The cakes are all extremely moist, the frosting and buttercreams are to die for and the directions are easy to follow. There are lots of helpful tips and techniques to learn throughout. However, no pictures! I was bummed...not because I have to have a picture but they're so fun to look at, you know??

 
Grilled Steak and Pepper Sandwich with Corn Mayonnaise

I found this recipe at Epicurious.com. One of my most favorite websites for recipes. It's related to one of my favorite magazines: Bon Appetit! Me, Chip and our friends were literally licking our plates when we were done. All the flavors are so perfect for each other! Don't let the corn mayo throw you...it works amazing on this sandwich and the roasted corn really takes the flavors to a whole new level! 


Key Lime Coconut Cake with White Chocolate Frosting

I made this cake for our family get-together for the 4th of July. I know it's not red, white OR blue but those desserts get old. This was perfect for a summer night under the stars and fireworks! Not overly coconutty and the tartness of the key lime went beautifully with the white chocolate. Another great recipe from the Essential Baker. Link below!

So, obviously, I've made much more than this in the past two months but I decided to just put the ones that I'm STILL dreaming about =)


No comments:

Post a Comment