Friday, April 9, 2010

Asian Salmon Cakes with Wasabi Sesame Cream


I feel like such a slacker! I haven't cooked a meal at home since Sunday night! Chip's been sick with a sore throat and I've been sick with a stomach bug. We also didn't go grocery shopping so when Thursday rolled around and we were both eating normally again I was a bit limited with what I had on hand.

I made the Thai salmon on Sunday and luckily Chip bought more salmon than we needed. I did a little bit of searching on the internet and found this recipe. I really liked the cake part. It was made up of fresh salmon, cilantro, panko bread crumbs, mayo and an egg. The cream was a simple mix of sesame oil, mayo and wasabi paste. Next time, if there is a next time, I think I'll cut back on the sesame oil a bit. It was the strongest flavor and I think I would have enjoyed the wasabi being the strongest flavor. It would have played up the salmon better I think.

If you'd like to try out the recipe you can find it at :
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/asian-salmon-cakes-with-sesame-wasabi-cream-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment