Thursday, April 1, 2010

Salmon over Pea Puree with Lemon Brodetto Drizzle


OH MY GOODNESS. I think I made obscene noises after each bite of this awesome dinner. It's gorgeous, delicious and simple. It tasted like summertime in my mouth! The pea puree is mint, peas, garlic and olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper. The brodetto is lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth and olive oil with chopped mint leaves stirred in at the end. I opted to just drizzle the fish with the brodetto instead of filling the bottom of the bowl with it. I tasted it before assembling the plates and decided the lemon flavor was great but strong. Start to finish this took me 25 minutes.

This recipe is from one of my new favorites: Food & Wine's Best of the Best. Volume 12. You can also find the recipe at:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/salmon-in-lemon-brodetto-with-pea-puree-recipe/index.html

2 comments: