Saturday, April 3, 2010

Butterscotch Spiral Coffee Cake = Good Saturday morning!


YUM YUM YUM. If you're a fan of butterscotch that is. The dough has some really nice spices in it: cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon but the butterscotch glaze is the front-and-center flavor here.

I had a lot of fun making this cake. Mainly because I love "just-because" baking but also because I love messing with dough. This dough needs to rise in two different stages: the first, in just a kneaded dough form and again as the assembled spiraled cake. The only thing I would do differently next time is to wrap the coils a little looser. The middle of my cake popped up quite a bit and I had to do some rework as soon as it came out the oven so it wouldn't be lopsided :)

Gooey, butterscotchey, cakey goodness. What better way to start the weekend??

The recipe can be found in Food & Wine's Best of the Best Volume 12 or in Baking for all Occasions by Flo Braker!

No comments:

Post a Comment